Connectional Lay Organization African Methodist Episcopal Church
Bishop E. Earl McCloud Jr, Lay Commission Chair
Mrs. Valerie G. Bell, CLO President Ms. Betty J. Tuggle, Chair Nominating Committee
Election of Director of Public Relations
The Nominating Committee of the Connectional Lay Organization of the African Methodist Church is now accepting (Letter of Intent) for the office of Director of Public Relations for 2017-2021.
Please read and follow the instructions listed below:
- Any person seeking the elected office of Director of Public Relations in the Connectional Lay Organization must be a member in, “good and regular standing” in their local Lay, District of the Annual Conference (If applicable), Conference and Episcopal District Lay Organizations, and must possess the qualifications required for the position being sought.
- Any candidate for the elected office must have registered and attended (3) Biennials as a delegate, alternate delegate, or observer within a (10) year period immediately preceding the election year.
- All persons seeking the office of Director of Publications must submit to the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee a “Letter of Intent” with qualifications, and signed by the Episcopal District Lay Organization President.
- The “Letter of Intent” is to be mailed/or electronically sent to the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee with a postmark date of no later than October 09, 2017. This deadline date will constitute the close of all nominations submitted to the Nominating Committee. Letters of Intent received after that date will not be accepted.
- Candidates will be notified by October 12, 2017 if they meet the qualifications for the office they are seeking.
- At a special called Connectional Lay Organization Executive Board Meeting, the eligible candidates will be presented for their approval. After the Executive Board’s decision, eligible candidates can begin campaigning.
- Any candidate campaigning before notified of his/her eligibility will be disqualified. Campaigning is defined as (a) placing ads in souvenir journals or any AMEC publications, i.e., newsletters, etc., (b) distributing campaign literature/paraphernalia and (c) visiting formal functions of any lay organization or its subordinate bodies with the expressed purpose of campaign.
To obtain a “Letter of Intent”, contact the Episcopal District President of your District, or contact the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee, Betty J. Tuggle Email:email@example.com, or by phone: (269-274-9292).
Address: 5091 Glenn Valley Drive, Apt #1B, Battle Creek, Michigan 49015
Connectional Lay Organization
2017 Nominating Committee Members
Sister Betty J. Tuggle, Chairperson (4th Episcopal District)
Brother Michael Brown, Co-Chairperson (6th Episcopal District)
Sister Ebony Newby Brown, Secretary (3rd Episcopal District)
Sister Jeronia McClish, Assistant Secretary, (1st Episcopal District)
Brother James Bonner, Chaplain (9th Episcopal District)
Brother Martin Lombe (17th Episcopal District)
Brother Cory Williams (12th Episcopal District)